Blepharitis is a relatively common condition causing crusting and inflammation of the eyelids. It often leads to sore eyes and occasionally swelling or even discolouration under the eyelids. Rarely, this may cause blurry or distorted vision.
Causes of Blepharitis
While there is rarely a definitive single cause for the condition, it is more common amongst people who have skin conditions such as eczema and acne, as well as those with allergic diseases like asthma. Chemical fumes, smoky atmospheres and use of cosmetics can worsen the condition and lead to complications.
- Swelling, redness, crusting of the eyelids
- Itching and burning sensation in eyelid, flakes at base of eyelashes
- Dry and gritty sensation in the eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Styes or cysts on the eyelid
An optometrist will quickly and easily assess your Blepharitis condition, and will recommend a suitable course of treatment. Treatments may be varied or combined according to the results achieved. Typically, treatment will begin with lifestyle adjustment advice in conjunction with lid therapy and artificial tear/gel supplements. If your condition is more severe, you may be recommended MiBo Thermoflo™ treatment.
Benefits of MiBo Thermoflo
- Painless, comfortable procedure
- Can provide immediate relief from Blepharitis
- No side effects
- Affordable solution
Blepharitis Management Treatment – Patient Care
- A comprehensive consultation and eye examination
- Assessment of your Blepharitis condition
- Recommended treatment plan to effectively manage your condition
- Monitoring your progress at follow-up appointments
Treatment and recovery period
Blepharitis is a long-term condition and the time it takes to return your eyes to their normal state will vary according to the severity of your condition. We will make every effort to manage your symptoms successfully.